The Department of Biomedical Sciences contributes to the mission of the University of Minnesota Duluth campus to be a leader in:
- educating physicians dedicated to family medicine,
- to serve the healthcare needs of rural Minnesota and American Indian communities,
- and discover and disseminate knowledge through research
The Biomedical Sciences Department engages fully in the mission through research with a cadre of experts in the wide range of topics required to be taught during years one and two of the medical school curriculum.
Native American Faculty Development Program
On-site faculty development program for Native Americans interested in the biomedical sciences desiring to be tenure track faculty candidates.
News and Notes
Introducing Amy Yang, PhD
We are pleased to announce that Yi-Mei (Amy) Yang, PhD, has joined our department as an Assistant Professor of Biomedical Sciences!
New faculty member
We are pleased to announce that Ruifeng (Ray) Cao, MD, PhD, will join our faculty starting August 30, 2016.
Ken Wallace, PhD
Elsevier Publishers has announced the launch of a new, international high impact journal titled "Current Opinions in Toxicology" - Ken Wallace is co Editor-in-Chief
Robin Michaels, PhD
Awarded Honorable Mention: Basic Science Teacher of the Year - Year One
Kevin Diebel, PhD - Awards
- 2016 UMD Student Awards for Outstanding Faculty –
- Basic Science Teacher of the Year - Year One
- Honorable Mention: Basic Science Teacher of the Year - Year Two